Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
If you are in need of financial assistance, complete your FAFSA and make sure to list Texas A&M University's federal school code, 003632.
In order to be eligible for federal financial aid, you must submit a FAFSA each year. It is available on or after October 1 of the year prior to enrollment. For example, the FAFSA for the 2023-2024 academic year can be submitted on or after October 1, 2022. In order to ensure your file is ready for awarding, we recommend that you submit your FAFSA by the recommended submission date as listed below.
FAFSA Application Process
- FAFSA will open October 1 the year prior to enrollment
- If you are starting in the Fall, it is recommended you submit your FAFSA by December 15th the year prior to enrollment
- The state priority deadline to submit your FAFSA is January 15th prior to enrollment
- A FAFSA is required in order to be considered for federal and state financial aid
- A FAFSA may be completed online at studentaid.gov
The FSA ID (a username and password) is used to log into U.S. Department of Education websites. Your FSA ID confirms your identity when you access your financial aid information and electronically sign Federal Student Aid documents. If you do not already have a FSA ID, you can create one when creating an account with studentaid.gov
The security of your FSA ID is important. Your FSA ID can be used to:
- Electronically sign Federal Student Aid documents,
- Access your personal records
- Finalize binding legal obligations
Student Aid Report (SAR)
A SAR is a transcript of the information provided on the FAFSA. The SAR is available to be received by paper mail or email. If you would like to receive it by email, it will be sent to the email address provided on the FAFSA. The email address provided is shared with each of the schools listed on the FAFSA for correspondence purposes. Texas A&M officially communicates with students through their assigned Texas A&M Gmail account. For more information about your Texas A&M Gmail account please log onto google.tamu.edu
. You may sign up for a Texas A&M Gmail account once you have been admitted to TAMU.