Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
If you need of financial assistance, complete your FAFSA and make sure to list Texas A&M University's federal school code, 003632.
In order to be eligible for federal financial aid, you must submit a FAFSA each year. It is available on or after October 1 of the year prior to enrollment. For example, the FAFSA for the 2023-2024 academic year can be submitted on or after October 1, 2022. To ensure your file is ready for awarding, we recommend that you submit your FAFSA by the recommended submission date as listed below.
Please Note* Due to changes required by the FAFSA Simplification Act, the 2024-2025 FAFSA will not be available until sometime in December of 2023. We will update this site with the exact date, as soon as we have it. The delay of the FAFSA this year is due to significant changes required by the FAFSA Simplification Act. We encourage all students to complete the 2024-2025 FAFSA by March 15, 2024, which is the priority date for the state of Texas. For more information on the significant changes for federal student aid, please review the article “What is the FAFSA Simplification Act?” published by Federal Student Aid.
FAFSA Application Process
- FAFSA will open on or after October 1 the year prior to enrollment. (Please read notice above for 2024 exception).
- If you are starting in the Fall, it is recommended you submit your FAFSA by March 15th, 2024 for Fall 2024 enrollment.
- The state priority deadline to submit your FAFSA is March 15th, 2024 for Fall 2024 enrollment.
- A FAFSA is required in order to be considered for federal and state financial aid
- A FAFSA may be completed online at studentaid.gov
The FSA ID (a username and password) is used to log into U.S. Department of Education websites. Your FSA ID confirms your identity when you access your financial aid information and electronically sign Federal Student Aid documents. If you do not already have a FSA ID, you can create one when creating an account with studentaid.gov
The security of your FSA ID is important. Your FSA ID can be used to:
- Electronically sign Federal Student Aid documents,
- Access your personal records
- Finalize binding legal obligations
FAFSA Submission Summary (FSS)
A FSS is a transcript of the information provided on the FAFSA. The FSS is available to be received by paper mail or email. If you would like to receive it by email, it will be sent to the email address provided on the FAFSA. The email address provided is shared with each of the schools listed on the FAFSA for correspondence purposes. Texas A&M officially communicates with students through their assigned Texas A&M Gmail account. For more information about your Texas A&M Gmail account please log onto google.tamu.edu
. You may sign up for a Texas A&M Gmail account once you have been admitted to TAMU.