Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
If you are in need of financial assistance, complete your FAFSA and make sure to list Texas A&M University's federal school code, 003632.
In order to be eligible for federal financial aid, you must submit a FAFSA each year. It is available on or after October 1 of the year prior to enrollment. For example, the FAFSA for the 2023-2024 academic year can be submitted on or after October 1, 2022. In order to ensure your file is ready for awarding, we recommend that you submit your FAFSA by the recommended submission date as listed below.
|Application Term||FAFSA||Recommended Submission Date|
|Fall 2022||2022-2023||December 15, 2021|
|Spring 2023||2022-2023||October 1, 2022|
|Summer 2023||2022-2023||January 15, 2023|
|Fall 2023||2023-2024||December 15, 2022|
|Spring 2024||2023-2024||October 1, 2023|
FAFSA Application Process
- FAFSA will open October 1 the year prior to enrollment
- If you are starting in the Fall, it is recommended you submit your FAFSA by December 15th the year prior to enrollment
- The state priority deadline to submit your FAFSA is January 15th prior to enrollment
- A FAFSA is required in order to be considered for federal and state financial aid
- A FAFSA may be completed online at studentaid.gov
FSA IDThe FSA ID (a username and password) is used to log into U.S. Department of Education websites. Your FSA ID confirms your identity when you access your financial aid information and electronically sign Federal Student Aid documents. If you do not already have a FSA ID, you can create one when creating an account with studentaid.gov.
The security of your FSA ID is important. Your FSA ID can be used to:
- Electronically sign Federal Student Aid documents,
- Access your personal records
- Finalize binding legal obligations