Academic Excellence Awards
Academic Excellence Awards are intended to recognize, encourage and assist currently enrolled undergraduate, graduate and professional students who have:
- excellent scholastic records
- campus and community activities
- leadership positions and work experience
- evidence of financial need in some cases
Approximately 800 students receive an Academic Excellence Award each year. Awards can range from $500 for one year up to $10,000 for 3 years.
Many Academic Excellence Awards are competitive scholarships that would qualify students for the Non-Resident Tuition Waiver
. Undergraduate students must receive at least $4,000 in competitive scholarships per year to qualify for this waiver. Graduate students and professional students only need to receive $1,000 in competitive scholarships to qualify.
- You must submit the University Scholarship Application, be enrolled as a full-time student in a degree-granting course of study and have a satisfactory conduct record.
- You must submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for need-based awards.
Most awards are granted for one year.
You can apply using the University Scholarship Application