Craig and Galen Brown Foundation
Since 1992, the Craig and Galen Brown Foundation (“Brown Foundation”) has partnered with Texas A&M University and the Texas A&M Foundation, providing more than 500 four-year undergraduate scholarships to high achieving, well-rounded high school students who were recognized as National Merit semifinalists and major in select STEM disciplines (science, technology, engineering, math) or business ('collectively, "Brown Scholars"). In fall 2020, 56 Brown Scholars will be enrolled at Texas A&M University as freshmen.
Beginning with the freshman class enrolled for fall 2020, the Brown Foundation will award additional graduate scholarships and offer unique summer internships combined with its four-year undergraduate Brown Foundation Scholarship which can include:
- EnMed Scholarship (joint program awarding M.D./Master in Engineering degrees, four year scholarship)
- Houston Methodist Research Institute Summer Internship (ten-week research opportunity)
- Global Summer Internship Scholarship with Bray International, Inc.
The Craig & Galen Brown Foundation award scholarships to high achieving high school students recognized as National Merit Semifinalists. Applicants must possess the following:
- High academic achievement with rigorous curriculum
- Participation in school organizations and activities, including community service
- Leadership positions
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Rhodes, Truman, Marshall, and Goldwater Scholar recipients or finalists
- Student Body President and Officers
- MSC President and Officers
- Senior Class President and Officers
- Student Engineering Council President and Officers
- Outstanding Senior Engineering Award
Scholarship decisions are made by the Brown Foundation after personal interviews; parent attendance is encouraged. Visit the Craig & Galen Brown Foundation for more information.