International Student Financial Aid Application
As an international student, you may submit an International Student Financial Aid Application (ISFAA) to be considered for the International Texas Public Education Grant (ITPEG) or the Mexican Citizens with Financial Need Waiver. International students can also apply for scholarships and other funds. If you want to learn more about scholarships and other funding options visit the International Student Services
website and our International Student Scholarships
The ISFAA (International Student Financial Aid Application) is:
- An opportunity for international students studying at the College Station campus to qualify for grant aid
- Meant to supplement funds that a student already has
- Based on financial need, not academic merit
- A maximum award of $2,000 to $4,000 per year
The ISFAA is not:
- A scholarship
- Related to any other scholarship or financial aid application
- Full tuition coverage
- Does not carry the non-resident tuition waiver
The following individuals are NOT
- Students with F1 Visas on their first year (but can apply in subsequent years.)
- Students with J1 Visas.
- Students enrolled in the professional programs of veterinary medicine and law.
- Students enrolled at Texas A&M University Galveston, Texas A&M University Qatar, and the Texas A&M Health Science Center (Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Public Health, Nursing).
The following individuals ARE
- Mexican nationals that will be applying for the Mexican Citizens with Financial Need Waiver are eligible with an F1 or J1 visa.
- International undergraduate and graduate students seeking degrees from the College Station campus.
If you are classified as a Texas Resident by the Office of the Registrar
, you can fill out the Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA
). Please review the eligibility criteria to see if you qualify to fill out the TASFA instead of the ISFAA.
Scholarships and Financial Aid will not share your immigration status with anyone. You can review FERPA guidelines
to better understand your rights.